Clayton Stafford Dies of Opioid Overdose
Family Files Wrongful Death Suit Against Alkermes, Inc.
California (February 2018) – A man died from an opioid overdose after using Vivitrol. His death occurred in February 2018.
The family of Clayton Stafford, 26, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Alkermes, Inc., the manufacturer of Vivitrol. Clayton, his parents, his rehabilitation counselors, and healthcare providers all believed that Vivitrol would help treat his opioid addiction. Had they been properly warned about the limitations of Vivitrol, Clayton’s death could have been avoided.
The Staffords received inaccurate information about Vivitrol’s risks and efficacy. They are suing Alkermes for the pain and despair suffered by Clayton and themselves due to the company’s negligence and misconduct.
Our heartfelt condolences go out to the friends and loved ones of Clayton Stafford.