Yuriy Zubarev Electrocuted After Touching Wire
Electrician Dies in Fatal Sonora Accident
Sonora, CA (November 19, 2019) – A man was killed when he was electrocuted on a job site. The fatal accident occurred on the morning of November 19 in Sonora.
Yuriy Zubarev, 24, from Citrus Heights, was working as a contracted electrician on a job at Petsmart in Sonora. He apparently touched an exposed wire while working on lighting fixtures. Police officers found Zubarev on a lift. They saw loose wires hanging over his head. The officers lowered the lift and performed CPR on Zubarev.
Zubarev was taken to a local hospital, where he later died. Cal-OSHA is investigating the incident as a workplace death.
Our heartfelt condolences go out to the friends and loved ones of Yuriy Zubarev.