Nadrich & Cohen, LLP
956 Walnut Street #200
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
CALL NOW: (805) 250-8320
San Luis Obispo Car Accident Attorneys
San Luis Obispo is a city located on the Central Coast, between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Founded in 1772, San Luis Obispo is one of the oldest cities in California. It is the county seat of San Luis Obispo County and is known for California Polytechnic State University, more commonly known as Cal Poly. The population is currently at just over 45,000 people.
San Luis Obispo is located 11 miles east of the Pacific Ocean. It is surrounded by mountains with faults nearby as well.
Famous landmarks include The Madonna Inn and The Fremont Theater. Also popular is The Palm Theater, which hosts the San Luis Obispo International Film Festival. Tunnels can be found underneath the city, which creates a mystery for residents and tourists alike.
The major highways in San Luis Obispo are U.S. Route 101 and California State Route 1, both which run north-south. They link San Luis Obispo to the rest of the Central Coast area.
The city has a regional airport as well as public transportation options such as Amtrak, SLO Transit (which runs throughout the city) and SLO Regional Transit (which runs throughout the entire county). Bike riding, however, is one of the most common forms of transportation. In fact, San Luis Obispo has hosted The Bike Happening on the first Thursday of every month since June 2000. The event encourages residents to get together and discover the joys of bike riding.
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 270 people were injured or killed in traffic accidents in San Luis Obispo in 2014. Of these, 36 involved alcohol, 24 involved pedestrians, and 15 involved motorcycles. Fifty bicyclists were injured or killed. In fact, San Luis Obispo leads California in bicyclist deaths. Forty-seven accidents were speed-related. There were also 13 hit and run accidents.
Throughout San Luis Obispo County, there were 1,450 people injured or killed in traffic accidents in 2014. Of those, 225 involved alcohol and 103 involved motorcycles. Sixty-three pedestrians and 122 bicyclists were injured or killed that year. Speed was the cause of 299 crashes and there were 63 hit and run accidents.
Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
There are many ways in which people get injured. Under personal injury law, a victim is allowed to receive compensation from a third party when that person is negligent and causes an injury that leads to damages for the victim. The most common types of personal injury claims are the following:
If you are injured by a third party, contact a personal injury lawyer to understand your legal rights and options.
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car crashes are the most common type of personal injury. Most car accidents are caused by human error. Here are the top reasons why car crashes occur.
- Distracted driving. People are addicted to technology, and cell phones are no exception. However, driving requires a high level of alertness, so when you’re driving, you need to out your phone down. Pull over if you must text, browse the internet or make a call. Distracted driving can encompass many other activities as well, so refrain from reading, eating and putting on makeup while behind the wheel. Focus on the road.
- Speeding. Many people go above the speed limit either for fun or to get to their destination quicker. However, speeding is the second leading cause of accidents and should be avoided. It takes longer to react to other vehicles on the road when you’re going too fast, so take it slow.
- Drunk driving. Drunk driving is very dangerous and had led to the deaths of many innocent victims. It is very irresponsible to drink and drive. If you do drink, refrain from driving and have someone take you home instead.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, it’s important to preserve your legal rights. The personal injury lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen handle a variety of injury cases, including:
- Dangerous premises
- Personal injury
- Auto accidents
- Nursing home neglect & abuse
- Wrongful death
- Roundup pesticide lymphoma
- Other hazardous exposures
We have helped more than 5,000 clients since 1990. We have a 95 percent success rate, so there’s a good chance we can help you with your injury claim. We have offices all over California, including San Luis Obispo. We are local to you and have the resources needed to handle even the most complex injury cases.
We work on a contingency basis, so there’s no fee unless you win. We offer exceptional customer service and are available to address your concerns 24/7.
Call us today for a free case evaluation at (805) 250-8320. You can also fill out the contact form found here. We promise to respond within 24 hours.
Why Choose Us?
- Available To You 24/7
- Trusted & Recommended Since 1990
- Over $350,000,000 recovered
- Read our 5 Star Reviews
- Free Case Evaluation
- V.I.P. Service
- No Win, No Fee