Man Electrocuted In Shower
The electrocution of the 25-year-old military contractor, Adam Hermanson is still shrouded in mystery. The young contractor’s death was one of several deaths by electrocutions to occur in Baghdad’s Green Zone. The complete story in thenation.com about a family still not convinced as to the cause of death of their son, Adam, a veteran of the US Air Force, and an employee of private contractor Triple Canopy Security Service.
The family believes they were intentionally misled as to the facts surrounding their son’s death by Triple Canopy, his employer. His younger brother had this to say, “We’re looking for a straight answer, and they haven’t given us a straight answer for anything,” says Jesse Hermanson, 17, Adam’s brother. “We haven’t gotten any straight answers from Triple Canopy.”
Electrocution covered up
It’s clear how the family can come to that conclusion when you discover that Patricia Hermanson, Adam’s mother, was contacted by a representative of her son’s employer and “He says, ‘I’m afraid I have to inform you that your son was found collapsed by his bed, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful,'” while at the same time Adam’s wife is being contacted by the US Embassy and being told that her husband died in a shower at his quarters in Camp Olympia, Triple Canopy’s base.
This misrepresentation was the first sign to Adam’s mother that something was amiss. When she spoke to Triple Canopy’s representative, “nothing was mentioned about a shower or anything like that. I would have remembered that. I can remember this until the day I die. He said Adam was found unconscious by his bed, and unfortunately, efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. There’s no question in my mind.”
Adam’s mother was so overcome by grief because of her son’s death by electrocution that she asked her brother Paul to handle all the communications with her son’s employer Triple Canopy on her behalf. Paul agreed and the following day spoke to the contractor’s representative. “Wilczak told me Adam had not collapsed in his room that he had collapsed in the shower” Paul said.
Contact Personal Injury Attorney
That statement has made this electrocution case much different than the other electrocutions that occurred in Iraq. The Hermansons are trying to find who was responsible for their son’s electrocution and are reaching dead ends. The pentagon finally accepted responsibility for the contract that Triple Canopy was working on. Major Shawn Turner, a Pentagon spokesman, said, “It appears as though our first thinking is that local nationals were responsible for the wiring there.”
The question is “who is at fault for the loss this young American’s life?” Maj. Turner said there is “no indication that US forces will be launching a formal investigation.” his death, said Maj. Turner, happened at a facility that “does not fall under DoD responsibility.” If you or a loved one has suffered electrocution injuries and you can’t find the responsible party, contact our personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Nadrich & Cohen, we can help you.