The city of Modesto, CA saw 1,453 collisions in 2018, leading to 2,095 injuries and 30 deaths, according to UC Berkeley data. The streets of Modesto can be dangerous, but we’re here to help if you’ve been involved in a car accident in Modesto.
Car insurance companies fear Nadrich & Cohen. They know they’re going to have to pay every penny you deserve for your injuries when they get a call from us. Our experienced car accident attorneys can obtain the largest possible recovery for your car accident, obtaining financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, wrecked vehicle and more. We can find the best doctors for you and deal with the insurance companies for you so you don’t have to do anything but focus on recovering from your injuries.
Best of all, we offer our clients a no fee promise, meaning you will never be charged a fee unless we obtain a recovery for you! We will only charge you a small percentage of your recovery as our fee, and only in the event we obtain a recovery for you.
You may be eligible for financial compensation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in Modesto. Call us now at (209) 232-2933 for a free consultation, complete the “Do I Have A Case” form on the right, email us at email@example.com or talk with our live chat.
Why Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer?
The insurance adjusters who work for the at-fault driver’s insurance company are trained to manipulate you into saying things that will reduce or eliminate their driver’s liability for your damages. It is incredibly dangerous and foolhardy for you to talk to the other driver’s insurance company for this reason.
To make things worse, insurance companies will not respect you unless you have a strong, experienced car accident lawyer representing you. They will low-ball you with their offers if you don’t have a lawyer and they will not offer you a fair settlement if you don’t have a lawyer.
Insurance companies fear and respect Nadrich & Cohen, and, in almost all of our cases, end up paying out fair settlements to our clients without the case ever going to trial because they know they’ll have to pay even more if we take them to court.
Negligence: How We Can A Obtain A Car Accident Recovery For You
California Civil Jury Instructions No. 401 defines negligence as failing to use reasonable care to prevent harm to others or oneself. People can be negligent by acting or failing to act, according to the instructions. The instructions state that doing what a reasonably careful person is negligent, as is not doing what a reasonably careful person would.
We can obtain a car accident recovery for you by proving that your injuries were the result of somebody else’s negligence.
California Civil Jury Instructions No. 400 establishes what must be proven to establish a negligence claim in California. It states that the following must be proven:
- The defendant was negligent
- The plaintiff was harmed
- The defendant’s negligence was a substantial factor in causing harm to the plaintiff
Drivers in California (and their insurance companies) are liable for damages caused by their negligence, including injuries caused by their negligence.
Examples Of Negligence
There are many examples of negligent acts a driver can commit which can lead to an accident and injuries, including but not limited to:
- Staying alert, attentive and keeping a proper lookout
- Losing control of the car, which often implies speeding or inattentiveness
- Driving a poorly maintained car, such as a car without properly working brakes
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to obey right-of-way laws
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Failing to properly use vehicle equipment like lights
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Driving while distracted by texting/cell phone
- Driving while too fatigued
California Civil Jury Instructions No. 405 establishes comparative negligence in California. It states a defendant must prove the following to establish a comparative negligence claim:
- The plaintiff was negligent
- The plaintiff’s negligence was a substantial factor in causing their own harm
Damages are reduced by what the jury decides the plaintiff’s percentage of fault for the accident is when this can be proven.
What this essentially means is that if you are 30% at fault for an accident that injured you and the other driver is 70% at fault, the other driver and their insurance company will only be liable for 70% of your damages.
Most Dangerous Intersections In Modesto
The following is a list of the ten intersections in Modesto CA to see the most collisions within 250 feet of the intersection from 2009 through 2018, according to UC Berkeley data:
- Briggsmore Ave. & Carver Rd. – 55 collisions
- Briggsmore Ave. & Coffee Rd. – 46 collisions
- Briggsmore Ave. & McHenry Ave. – 39 collisions
- Bodem St. & Scenic Dr. – 38 collisions
- Burchell Ct. & McHenry Ave. – 36 collisions
- McHenry Ave. & Norwegian Ave. – 34 collisions
- Briggsmore Ave. & Evergreen Ave. – 32 collisions
- Rumble Rd. & Tully Rd. – 31 collisions
- Carver Rd. & Orangeburg Ave. – 30 collisions
- Martin Luther King Dr., Paradise Rd., Sutter Ave. & Tuolumne Blvd. – 30 collisions
What We Can Recover For You
We can recover multiple types of damages for you if you were injured in a car accident, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Property damage
- Rental car costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Modifications to home/vehicle for disability accommodation
- Punitive damages in some cases, such as drunk driving
Modesto Car Accident Attorneys
Our aggressive, battle-tested car accident attorneys have been specializing in car accident claims since 1990 and have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of clients in that time. We’ve seen every kind of auto accident there is to see, so we know every trick in the book when it comes to proving that our clients’ accidents were the result of someone else’s negligence.
We hire only the best experts to thoroughly examine and recreate the accident scene in order to prove that your injuries were caused by another driver’s negligence.
We can get your injuries treated by the best doctors in California, and best of all, we can get your injuries treated on a lien. This means the doctors agree not to charge you until your case is over.
Call us now at (209) 232-2933 if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident. You may be eligible for a financial recovery.