Are you thinking about hiring a Modesto slip and fall lawyer to obtain for you financial compensation for your slip and fall injuries?
If so, you should know the following about Nadrich & Cohen:
- We have recovered over $350 million on behalf of our clients since our firm was founded in 1990;
- We successfully obtain financial compensation for our clients in over 99% of our cases;
- We offer free consultations and contingency fee representation so our clients never owe us a penny;
- We’ve obtained $2,200,000 for a woman who fell because of black ice in a Modesto parking lot and developed complex regional pain syndrome;
- We’re an A+ Better Business Bureau accredited business and have been named a member of the National Trial Lawyers top 100 trial lawyers.
Call us now at (209) 232-2933 if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Modesto. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and more. Our services are free if we don’t obtain financial compensation for you.
What Is A Slip And Fall Accident?
A slip and fall accident is when a person slips or trips and falls and becomes injured.
Slip and falls can be caused by many different types of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Wet or torn flooring
- Narrow steps
- Dim lighting
- Uneven sidewalks
- Outdoor hazards such as snow and ice
- Objects left in walkways
- Missing or broken handrails
About 9.2 million Americans needed emergency room treatment after a fall in 2016.
Slip and fall accidents often happen on property owned by someone else than the person who falls. The owner of the property may be liable for damages incurred in these falls. It can be difficult to prove who is liable for your injuries if you slipped and fell on someone else’s property.
It is necessary to demonstrate the following when proving responsibility for a slip and fall accident:
- The slip and fall happened because of a dangerous condition
- The owner of the property knew or should have known about the condition and the danger it posed
You may be eligible to recover damages for lost wages, pain and suffering and medical bills if you can demonstrate these things. However, demonstrating these things can be difficult if not impossible for lay persons without intricate knowledge of the law. You need the help of experienced Modesto slip and fall lawyers in order to prove negligence in a slip and fall lawsuit.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries
Some slip and fall accidents involve minor injuries but some of them involve serious injuries. These accidents can instantly change your life by causing extreme hardship and pain. The injuries a slip and fall accident can cause include but are not limited to:
- Broken bones: Broken bones are often the result of a slip and fall accident. Breaks can be minor but they can also be severe and necessitate surgery. Tissues around the bone can be injured as well when a bone breaks. Injuries of this type sometimes necessitate chronic pain therapy. Seek medical attention immediately if you feel sharp pain in a bone or joint or experience bleeding and swelling after a slip and fall.
- Spinal cord injuries: Some of the most severe slip and fall injuries can lead to spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries need immediate medical attention and can be severely life-altering. Paralysis may result. These injuries need a lot of treatment which can be very expensive. It is critical to obtain the services of a lawyer in these cases. A lawyer can obtain for you the maximum possible financial recovery to help pay for the costs of an accident like this.
- Soft tissue injuries: Injuries like this are the reason it is important to obtain medical attention immediately after a slip and fall, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. Soft tissue injuries are often not noticed until well after an accident, but if you wait too long to seek medical attention for them a defendant in a slip and fall case can claim the injuries resulted from something other than the slip and fall. Soft tissue injuries include sprains and torn ligaments.
- Head injuries: Again, it is critical that you seek medical attention immediately after being involved in a slip and fall accident. You may think you’re OK but you might really have a concussion. Serious head injuries resulting from slip and falls can lead to traumatic brain injuries. These can create permanent, expensive health problems, so it’s important you get a lawyer to obtain you the most compensation possible for these kinds of injuries.
Slip And Fall Damages
There are many different kinds of damages you can obtain financial compensation for in a slip and fall lawsuit, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
California Slip And Fall Statute Of Limitations
California plaintiffs have two years from the date of injury to file a slip and fall accident injury lawsuit. This time limit is reduced to six months if the responsible party is a public agency.
Modesto Slip And Fall Lawsuit
Our aggressive, battle-tested Modesto slip and fall accident attorneys will fight tenaciously to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. Some lawyers take every kind of case under the book, from criminal cases to civil cases to corporate law cases. Nadrich & Cohen specializes in personal injury cases, and slip and fall cases are some of the most common personal injury cases. We have handled hundreds of these cases and know them inside and out due to our specialization in personal injury.
We offer our clients a no fee promise. You will not pay any legal fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. You will only owe us a percentage of the recovery if we obtain it for you.
Call us today at (209) 232-2933 if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Modesto. We offer free consultations. You can also fill out the “Do I Have A Claim?” form, email us at email@example.com or chat with our live chat.