Mysterious Electrocution Accident Takes Life of Worker
At the turn of the last century, the innovative uses of electricity completely changed the way people live. In a matter of a generation, people went from using electricity to power one or two home lights to having electricity power the heating and cooling of homes, stoves and ovens and so much more.
Along with its usefulness, electricity has also brought dangers. The more we depend on electricity, the closer the danger becomes. Safety has developed alongside the innovation of electricity, however, electrocution still holds a real and present dangers to those who work directly with electricity.
One such instance of these dangers can be seen in the case of a Wisconsin worker whose life was claimed due to an electrocution accident. UpperMichigansSource.com has described some of the details of this terrible accident.
Using this source, let’s take a moment to consider the dangers still faced by many workers who work closely with electricity.
Michael Rhode, an employee of MJ Electric in Iron Mountain, was reported to be working on an electrical line when the accident occurred. He was working at the time in a somewhat remote ATV trail.
Not much is known of the circumstances of the accident. When power was knocked close by, a resident found Rhode in his harness clutching for life after the accident.
Hazards of Power Lines
After being treated for the electrocution accident as well as being treated for burn injuries, Rhode died roughly two days after the accident. The same resource we use everyday to provide life in how we cook, work, and do most of our everyday activities is also deadly.
Our sympathies go out to the Rhode family for their tragic loss. Workers such as Michael Rhode allow us to live our daily lives with so many luxuries that were non-existent to previous generations. Accidents such as this one serve to remind us of the risks so many people take to allow for such luxuries.