Nothing can make you feel free quite like riding a motorcycle down an open road. However, distracted and inattentive drivers can cause motorcyclists to sustain serious accidents and injuries.
Nadrich & Cohen, LLP is here to help you if you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident which happened because of somebody else’s negligence. We want to obtain you compensation because we know you need it. We know your injuries mean you can’t work for a while and we know you’re facing significant medical bills. Call us at (760) 860-1001 for a free consultation.
Why Motorcycle Accidents Happen
Accidents are sometimes unavoidable no matter how safely motorcyclists drive their vehicles. Reasons for motorcycle accidents include:
- Inattentive drivers: Motorcycles can be more difficult to see than cars and trucks, especially when drivers aren’t paying attention to what is around them. A common cause of motorcycle accidents is drivers who turn in front of motorcycles that they don’t see.
- Defective equipment: Vehicle defects can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Dangerous road hazards: Hazards like potholes, loose asphalt, loose gravel and liquid spills can be extremely dangerous for motorcyclists. State and local governments can be responsible for motorcycle accidents when poor roadway maintenance or/design leads to accidents.
Other reasons for motorcycle accidents include:
- Inexperienced motorcyclists
- Drugs and alcohol
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Distracted drivers
- Lane splitting
- Bad weather
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
- Get out of danger: Crash scenes can be very dangerous. Many accidents involve gas leaks and these can lead to fires. Other drivers on the road may not immediately realize an accident has occurred and this can lead to chain reaction accidents involving multiple vehicles. Get to a safe place.
- Receive medical attention: You should receive medical attention after a motorcycle accident even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. Failing to do so could prevent you from obtaining the full financial compensation for your injuries that you deserve, as insurance companies can claim your injuries may have been caused by something else if you take too long to get them diagnosed. The shock and adrenaline you experience after an accident can mask some injuries, and some injuries don’t show themselves for hours or even days.
- Report the motorcycle accident: Call the police and report the motorcycle accident. The resulting police report can be critical in helping you obtain a full monetary recovery for your injuries.
- Get in touch with experienced motorcycle accident attorneys: A detailed investigation must be done to determine who is at fault in a motorcycle accident. Personal injury lawyers like the lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen have the experts, knowledge and experience to conduct a thorough investigation which can definitively prove another party was at fault for your injuries, and can help obtain quality medical care for you on a lien, meaning you don’t have to pay for it until the case is over and a recovery has been obtained for you.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Particularly Devastating
Motorcycles can be driven at very high speeds and lack the physical protection of a typical vehicle’s outer shell. Between 96% and 98% of motorcycle accidents result in injuries because of this, and many motorcycle accidents lead to serious injuries or death. Motorcycle riders 28 times more likely to die in an accident than automobile occupants, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Not wearing a helmet can make things even more dangerous for motorcyclists: 1,872 lives were saved in 2017 by motorcycle helmets, according to NHTSA.
Injuries that motorcycle accidents can cause include:
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Scalp and face injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Bone fractures
- Road rash
- Loss of limb use
- Soft tissue injuries
Nadrich & Cohen Can Help
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys know exactly what to do to properly handle your motorcycle accident claim and obtain for you the largest possible financial recovery for your injuries. We can help you by doing the following:
- Doing a prompt, thorough investigation of your accident
- Preserving crash evidence
- Obtaining crash scene photographs
- Identifying accident witnesses
- Inspecting your vehicle and safety equipment for defects
- Establishing that the defendants are at fault for your accident
- Suing any and all responsible parties
- Protecting you from insurance companies and claim filing deadlines
- Recovering your lost wages and medical bills
- Hiring the best experts
- Maximizing the pain and suffering damages you’re entitled to for your injuries
Insurance adjusters are trained by insurance companies to manipulate people into saying incriminating things which they can then use to pay you less or not at all. Nadrich & Cohen can negotiate the minefield of talking with the insurance companies for you so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
We can recover damages for past, present and future medical bills for you. This includes surgery, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, doctor visits, chiropractic care, physical therapy and rehabilitative therapy.
We can obtain for you any wages you lose due to an inability to work. If you become permanently disabled by your motorcycle accident, we can work with an economist to determine the future income you’ll lose out on and recover this income for you.
We offer our clients a no fee promise. We never charge our clients a fee out of their own pocket. We only charge our clients a percentage of any recovery we successfully obtain for them and our clients never owe us any money if we don’t obtain a recovery for them.
Call us today at (760) 860-1001 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident. You can also chat with our live chat, email us at email@example.com or fill out our free case evaluation form.