Preventable Swimming Pool Accidents
Summer is here and with it comes an increase in swimming pool accidents. Drowning has become the leading cause of accidental death in homes with children under 5 years old. Most of these drowning incidents are due to swimming pool accidents.
Swimming pool submersions involving children happen very quickly. In the time it takes to answer a phone call, a child can drown. Seventy seven per cent of swimming pool drowning victims had been missing from sight for 5 minutes or less.
When a young child drowns in a swimming pool accident, the drowning is a silent death. There’s no splashing to alert anyone that the child is in serious trouble. At Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers we have qualified pool accident specialists experienced in defending the rights of our clients.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a swimming pool accident please contact an experienced pool accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers, call now at 1-800-718-4658 and speak with a specialist.
The following swimming pool accidents occurred over this past weekend, a three day period Friday through Sunday. These are typical swimming pool accidents most involve children under the age of 5 years old that may have been prevented had the parents been aware of proper safety precautions that should be followed when children have full access to a swimming pool.
If there is one safety precaution that must be followed that will ensure your child’s safety it is, never leave your child unattended at a swimming pool. The second precaution is, make your swimming pool inaccessible to children without a parent present.
Swimming Pool Accidents-Drowning
- A 2 year old girl drowned Sunday afternoon in a swimming pool accident in just 3 feet of water, in an above ground pool at a residence in Thurman, N.Y., the North Country Gazette reported. She was discovered by her mother.
- In Arizona, AZFamily.com reported Madison Richards, a 5 year old Glendale resident, died after being rescued from a backyard swimming pool during a party on Saturday night.
- New England cable news network NECN reported 2 1/2 year old twins Veronica and Angelina Andreottola, drowned Saturday in a partially covered pool near their home in Lynnfield, Mass.
- A 2-year-old Palo Cedro, Calif., boy, Donovan Setzer, drowned in a swimming pool accident Friday, and the death of an 86-year-old man later in the day in Redding, Calif., was being investigated as a possible drowning, as reported by the Redding Record Searchlight.
Swimming Pool Accidents-Near Drowning
- KCAL-TV, Los Angeles, said a man is in serious condition after being pulled from an apartment complex swimming pool in Tujunga.
- WISN-TV, Milwaukee, said a 6 year old child was recovering from a near drowning in a motel swimming pool in Shebobygan County.
- KVOA-TV, Tucson, Ariz., said a 4 year old boy was drowning in a swimming pool before being rescued by his grandmother.
- On Sunday, A 2 year old boy was rescued from the pool at the North Arundel Aquatic Center in Glen Burnie, Md.
Contact Pool Accident Lawyer
As you can see most of the drowning and near drowning victims were under 5 years old. If you have a young child and a swimming pool at your home or at your baby sitters home, you must make sure the swimming pool is inaccessible to your child.
Fenced and gated enclosures are the safest. You must be present at the swimming pool with your child at all times, no exceptions. If you or a loved one has been injured in a swimming pool accident, contact an experienced pool accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Nadrich & Cohen call now at 1. 800.718.4658 and speak with a specialist.